Join us in our mission to recognise, inspire, and accelerate businessworthy leadership.
All open positions will appear here.
Business for Peace is looking to hire a Communications Coordinator
Terms: Full time, permanent
Location: Oslo, Norway
Reports To: Communications Director (Interim)
Business for Peace is looking for a Communications Coordinator to run daily communications operations for the organisation. This includes copywriting, website, social media, public relations, advertising, market research, and more. The Communications Coordinator will be working closely with colleagues on all teams to promote the organisation and the businessworthy concept globally and execute communications activities related to the annual Summit, other events and more.
We’re looking for a multi-talented communications professional who enjoys having a variety of tasks in their day. If you can hop from writing a blog post to diving into web analytics to giving graphic design feedback, we want to meet you! The ideal candidate is a skilled storyteller that can produce content, independently project manage whatever needs to get done, and also has an interest in data-driven decisions. It’s a small team, so it’s a very hands-on role with a lot of independence.
This role will be responsible for communicating about our programming (with a focus on our annual Award and Summit) as well as increasing our in-house content publishing and advancing our thought-leadership agenda.
Essential Job Functions
The overarching goals for this position are: to increase the reach, awareness of, and stature of Business for Peace globally; grow our audience and online presence; and ensure a positive stakeholder experience across platforms.
• Daily writing and content creation (social media, blog, website, newsletter, etc)
• Project management for video production, graphic design projects and print materials
• Plan, write, create, and send company newsletters
• Work with external designers, video producers, publicists, and other collaborators to achieve communications goals
• Support communications strategy and execution for annual events such as the Summit, award announcement, webinars, and local events
• Report on Google Analytics and recommend strategic changes accordingly
• Build relationships with local and international media, pitch stories and follow up
• Social media and website oversight (knowledge of WordPress is a must)
• Support the Communication Director in implementing the Foundation’s communication strategy to broaden awareness and participation globally
Qualifications and Capabilities
• Higher education in marketing, communications, or a related field
• Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in relevant international communications or marketing work
• Exceptional communication skills with an ability to develop and present strong narratives
• Excellent English skills, oral and written
• Good understanding of Norwegian is an asset but not required
• Understanding of digital platforms and professional experience with social media channels
• Good collaboration skills, ability to think strategically and innovatively
• Project management experience, working with internal or external stakeholders
• Self-motivated with an ability to manage deadlines and good prioritisation skills
• Understanding of international business and the sustainability landscape will be an advantage
• Prior experience from a non-profit, international organisation, or social enterprise is preferable
How to Apply
Send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Coordinator” by the end of the day on 10 October 2021. If possible, please include links to writing samples (for example: a communications plan you prepared, a social media account you manage, a website you write content for, a blog post, a news article) and any other portfolio material you would like us to look at.
Business for Peace will be looking for enthusiastic volunteers to be part of the Business for Peace Summit in Oslo. The window for applications for the 2022 Summit will be announced here when it opens. More information about our volunteer programme below.
The Business for Peace Foundation seeks to unlock the positive power of business in society and inspire a higher form of capitalism. Our vision is that all business leaders make improving society their purpose. This requires being businessworthy – to create value both for business and society in an ethical and responsible way.
We are looking to create a team of talented individuals who believe that we can make the Summit a truly memorable experience. We require a commitment of 2-3 days or evenings for orientation prior to the Summit, and then another 48 hours of volunteering during the Summit in Oslo.
Find out more about past Summits here.
Volunteer tasks include:
Guiding and supporting our VIP guests throughout the Summit and Award Ceremony
Working with the social media and our Communications team
Supporting speakers, guests, and participants with relevant information and other hands-on tasks as required
Necessary Qualifications Include:
Familiarity with Oslo and its facilities (either based in Oslo or have lived here)
Reliable and friendly with a professional and proactive attitude
Comfortable working both in a group and independently
Enjoy working with people from all walks of life
Have excellent time management skills and adaptability to face-paced environments
Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office tools
Knowing more than one language is a plus!
Through volunteering, we offer an opportunity to make a difference and be part of building a global movement for change. Look forward to:
Building new job market skills, including event management
Receiving a written testimonial at the end of the volunteer period
Working with an experienced team of professionals who can provide constructive feedback and career advice
Interaction with leading speakers and thinkers in business and sustainability
Enjoying a special celebration for our volunteers after the Summit